I think one of the keys to cooking good homemade meals and eating out less, is having a well-stocked pantry and an arsenal of delicious and easy recipes that use things you always have in your cupboards and refrigerator.
I am a big believer in case lot sales. They make it easy for me to stock up on the things I use most, at a great price. If you follow us, you know that Smith's and Macey's are currently having big case lot sales with tons of basics at great prices, so I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite recipes that use some of the most popular case lot items.
1. Potato Corn Chowder – This Potato Corn Chowder is one of my go-to soups during the fall and winter. I have also taken it to neighbors when they are sick and it always gets great reviews!
Case Lot Groceries For This Recipe: Evaporated milk & creamed corn. The other two main ingredients, bacon and hashbrowns can be easily stored for several months in your freezer.
2. Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole – I first had this breakfast casserole at my in laws house and it has become a family favorite. It is perfect for the upcoming holidays because you can make it the night before but it's also ideal for company or busy weekday mornings.
Case Lot Groceries For This Recipe: Eggs (sometimes the 5 doz egg packages are included in case lot sales), shredded cheddar cheese (Smith's has the Tillamook 5 lb bags on sale for 13.99), canned milk.
3. Easy Peach Cobbler – This 5 ingredient Peach Cobbler only takes a few minutes to prepare. The main ingredients are canned peaches and a yellow cake mix, both are part of the Smith's case lot sale.
Case Lot Groceries Used In This Recipe: Canned peaches & cake mix. Don't forget to pick up some vanilla ice cream, it's a must with warm cobbler!
4. Slow Cooker Italian Chicken – I love to come home to the smell of this cooking in the slow cooker almost as much as I love coming home and knowing that I can have dinner on the table in 5 minutes. The delicious dish is made with frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Italian seasoning and 3 of my favorite items from the case lot sale.
Case Lot Groceries Used In This Recipe: Pasta sauce, canned tomatoes, and tomato sauce – these are so versatile, I always keep these on hand. Also, check to see if your store has the large bags of rice on sale.
5. M&M Peanut Butter Bites – These filling little bites are a yummy mid afternoon snack that kids and adults will both love and you don't even have to turn on the oven to enjoy these little morsels!
Case Lot Groceries Used In This Recipe: Peanut butter, honey & oats.
6. Pantry Salsa – Just seeing this picture makes my mouth water. This salsa is to die for! The best part is that most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry.
Case Lot Groceries Used In This Recipe: Canned tomatoes and Rotel.
7. Pumpkin Cheese Cake Chocolate Chip Muffins – These muffins are also known as “the muffins with the longest name ever”! Seriously though, these are divine.
Case Lot Groceries Used In This Recipe: Brown sugar, flour, vegetable oil & powdered sugar.
8. Taco Soup – This is one of my favorite “go-to” meals on busy nights because it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Case Lot Groceries Used In This Recipe: Stewed Tomatoes, Canned Corn, Canned Beans.
Do you have a recipe with ingredients you like to stock up on during case lot sales?