August 18, 2017
It may still be 80 degrees but fall is in the air! School starts next week, football season is beginning, and the days are getting a bit shorter. Soon the evenings are going to get even busier and I will turn to my Taco Soup recipe for dinner because it is one of my favorite go-to recipes when time is short and there is a chill in the air.
The best thing about this is this Taco Soup is how fast it comes together. I grab my Zaycon ground beef that I already browned from the freezer and dump a bunch of cans into the pot. Let simmer for around 20 minutes (or longer if you have it) and DONE!
You can also put this soup into a slow cooker on low if you will be gone and it will be perfect when you get home.
Another great thing about this soup is that it is super easy to add another can or two if you are having company. It's also a great way to use up leftover ground beef/corn/beans or chili.
- 1 lb. browned ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 - 15.25 oz can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 15 oz cans of beans, drained and rinsed (I like black beans but you can also do pinto or kidney or red.)
- 2 - 15 oz cans of tomatoes
- 2 - 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- We like to top with tortilla chips, cheddar cheese and sour cream. You could also use avocado, Fritos or cilantro.
- Brown your ground beef and add the taco seasoning.
- Then dump all of the cans (drain and rinse the corn and beans) into the pot.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir.
- Let simmer at least 20 minutes or longer if you have it.
- You can also cook this soup on low in a slow cooker if you will be gone.
- You can customize this soup any way you'd like. If you like your soup very meaty, add another 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- This is a great recipe to make if you are trying to use up leftovers like Taco meat, beans, chili or corn.