Spring in Utah is beautiful and a little unpredictable! The weather can change 30-40 degrees in one day so you have to be prepared but it also means that you can enjoy many different activities in the Spring. Here are our favorite 40 Things To Do In Utah In The Spring.
1. Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival – The Tulip Festival is an amazing display of millions of tulips. Dates are April 7-May 13, 2023. More info here.
2. Spring Cleaning – Get some great tips for streamlining your spring cleaning from One Good Thing by Jillee
3. Bees Baseball Game – I highly recommend Spring Bees baseball games because the weather is usually warm but not hot and there are less mosquitoes! The first home game is March 31. Check out their schedule here.
4. Spring Break Staycation – If you have kids, you'll want to see our post, 14 ideas for making Spring Break fun for the kids.
5. Teacher Appreciation Week – Teacher Appreciation Week is the first week of May. If you have kids, this is a great time to show a little extra appreciation for all that they do to teach and encourage our youth! Check out this frugal teacher gift idea.
6. Plant A Garden – Whether you are planting vegetables or flowers, get the whole family involved.
7. Have A Picnic – Spring picnics are great because there are less pesky flies and bees to contend with! You'll want to keep this waterproof picnic blanket in your car this Spring for impromptu picnics!
8. Bake Lemon Bars – Try this yummy Lemon Bar recipe from The Joys of Boys.
9. Easter Egg Hunt – If you want to find an Easter Egg Hunt near you, we've got ya covered with our Big List of Easter Egg Hunts in Utah .
10. Fly A Kite – I just ordered this well-reviewed kite for my kids. Can't wait for the next windy day so that we can try it out!
11. Jump In Puddles – My youngest loves to jump in puddles after a rainstorm, I hate the mess but sometimes we need to be more like kids and enjoy the moment and care less about the mess. Consider living in moment the next time a puddle presents itself.
12. Try Asparagus – Asparagus is a Spring veggie that I have grown to love, especially roasted with lemon and parmesan!
13. Rainy Day Crafts – Not all spring days are good outdoor days, so it's good to have some rainy day crafts to keep little or big hands busy. This Pastel Slime Recipe is super easy and kept my kids busy for hours!
14. Visit Sand Dunes – Spring is a really beautiful time to go to sand dunes because you don't have to deal with the Summer heat. Utah has Little Sahara Sand Dunes in central Utah and in Southern Utah there is Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park.
15. Blow Bubbles – I got tired of my kids spilling their bottles of bubbles so we bought this battery powered bubble machine. It works perfectly!
16. Dye Easter Eggs – For a fun new way to color your Easter eggs, try Kool-aid! Instructions here or learn how to dye easter eggs with rice!
17. Go For A Bike Ride – May is National Bike Month and a great time to get out and go around the neighborhood or use one of Utah's many mountain trails. Just don't forget your helmet!
18. Red Butte Garden – Red Butte Garden in Salt Lake City is beautiful in the Spring. Check here for a calendar of concerts, classes, exhibits and spring hours.
19. Holi Festival of Color – Held in Spanish Fork at the Sri Sri Radha Krisha Temple, the 2 day festival is usually held at the end of March. Go here for more details.
20. Go To The Park – We love to try out different parks around town and it feels so good to get out in the fresh air after a long winter indoors.
21. Open The Windows – I like to open the windows while I clean the house and enjoy the spring breeze. It brightens my mood and let's me hear the birds chirping.
22. See Baby Animals At A Farm – Baby animals are so cute and we've made it easy to find an animal attraction near you. See our list here.
23. Look For Clovers – Utah may not be home to many 4 leaf clovers but you will still have fun and feel lucky if you find some of the 5 native Utah clovers. Learn more here.
24. Golfing – Take your pick, 18 holes, mini golf, or disc golf, spring is a great time for “golf”.
25. Make Strawberry Shortcake – Strawberries are just getting sweet and affordable during the spring months in Utah's grocery stores. Strawberry Shortcake is a wonderful light dessert for Easter, Mother's Day or a baby/bridal shower.
26. REAL Soccer Game – My family loves to go to REAL Soccer games. They are so much fun and the MLS Soccer season begins in the Spring March 11. It's a nice season to take in a game.
27. Run In A Spring Race – We have a great list of discounts for local 5ks, fun runs, and races here.
28. Hunt For Bugs – If your kids love to search for bugs and insects, I recommend this bug catcher kit for kids.
29. Wildflowers In The Desert – Many of Utah's deserts come alive with beautiful wildflowers in the Spring. Go for a drive and check it out!
30. Make A Green Treat for St. Paddy's Day – One of my favorites is this Easy Pistachio Pudding Dessert.
31. Honor Your Mom – Think about how to honor your Mom this Mother's Day. Here are 3 easy and inexpensive gifts for kids to make for Mom. If your Mother has passed on, you can honor her memory by serving others.
32. Walk In The Rain – Pull out your rain boots and umbrella and go for a walk in the warm spring rain.
33. Buy Fresh Flowers – I love to have fresh cut flowers in my home. It brings the outdoors in and just makes me happy. One of my favorite places to buy inexpensive fresh flowers is Costco. See how to make this Floral Easter Centerpiece here.
34. Jelly Beans – Jelly Beans are inexpensive and great for Easter Baskets or you can make this cute Jelly Bean Jewelry from Marla Meridith with your kids.
35. Watch March Madness – Whip up a batch of my M&M Peanut Butter Bites to munch on while you cheer on your favorite college basketball team.
36. Celebrate Cinco De Mayo – Celebrate by making these Pork Carnitas, Pantry Salsa and 5 Minute Guacamole. Holy Guacamole, May 5th will be your new favorite day of the year!
37. Plan A Summer Camping Trip – Spring is the time to reserve your favorite camping spot before they all get filled up. See our favorite camping spots in Utah here.
38. Look For Rainbows – After the rain, always look for rainbows. We have seen some beautiful double rainbows because we took time to look.
39. See Cherry Blossoms At The State Capitol – Did you know that you don't have to go to Washington DC to see amazing cherry blossoms?! The Utah State Capitol has hundreds of cherry trees that are in full bloom in late March and early April. If you are in the area, drive up to Capitol Hill, they are beautiful!
40. Spring Hike – A great spring hike in Salt Lake County is Ensign Peak because of it's low elevation (the snow melts early). For a list of other great hikes in the Salt Lake area, go here.