June 22, 2018
This beautiful Red, White Chocolate and Blue Trifle is an impressive yet super simple dessert to make for the 4th of July. Plus, no baking involved so you don't have to heat up the house by turning on the oven!
Fresh strawberries and blueberries combined with white chocolate pudding, whipped topping and a light and airy angel food cake is a sweet way to end a warm summer day.
- 2 lbs sliced strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 (3.56 oz) pkg instant white chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 13-14 oz angel food cake
- Wash and slice strawberries.
- Pick 3 of the largest strawberries and set aside for the top of the trifle.
- Wash blueberries and set aside 35-40 blueberries for the top of the trifle.
- In a large bowl, mix both packages of instant white chocolate pudding with 2 cups milk with a wisk. (it will be thick.)
- When pudding is dissolved, fold in 16 oz of whipped topping into pudding.
- Cut prepared angel food cake in to 1.5" squares.
- In a glass trifle bowl, start layering ingredients in the following order from bottom to top: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 pudding mixture, remaining cake, remaining berries, remaining pudding mixture.
- Last cut large strawberries in half and arrange 5 halves to look like a star. Add blueberries to the center and outside of the star.
Sure, you can make a trifle in any glass bowl but I think a nice trifle bowl is a great serving piece that is very versatile. Use it for a big candy dish at a birthday party, serve a salad in it or use it as a fruit bowl. Plus, you can find a nice trifle bowl for under $10, like this Anchor Hawking one from Walmart is just $6.97!
Happy 4th of July!