February 1, 2019
Just in time for the Superbowl, I bring you the perfect game food, Fiesta Ranch 7 Layer Dip. This isn't your average, bland 7 layer dip! The secret ingredient, Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip, adds a layer of zesty flavor. Crunchy tortilla chips or veggie sticks are the perfect vehicle for this flavorful dip.
Don't tell anyone but this is actually 8 layers. So for our purposes we will count the olives and green onions together! Another reason I love this dip is that you can save a few calories by using low fat or fat free sour cream, no fat refried beans and reduced fat cheddar cheese without sacrificing flavor.
First, spread a layer of refried beans in the bottom of your dish. I usually make mine in a 9x13 casserole dish but since this one is for a Superbowl party I had to use my football trays. This recipe makes 2 of these football trays or one 9x13 dish.
Next, mix 1 packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip to 16 oz of sour cream.
Evenly spread sour cream layer over refried beans.
Drop guacamole in dollops and carefully spread over the sour cream layer.
Pour salsa over the guacamole layer.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the salsa layer.
Sprinkle the tomatoes, sliced olives and sliced green onions over the top. All of these are optional, so feel free to add extra or leave them off all together.
I love to serve my Fiesta Ranch 7 Layer Dip with both tortilla chips and veggies. If you've never tried it with carrots or celery, you should. The fiesta ranch layer goes really well with the veggies and is a healthier option. Happy Superbowl weekend!
- 2 - 16 oz cans of refried beans
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 packet Fiesta Ranch Dip mix
- 12 oz guacamole
- 16 oz salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- Evenly spread the refried beans in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Mix the Fiesta Ranch Dip mix with the sour cream and spread over the refried beans.
- Carefully spread guacamole over the sour cream layer.
- Pour a 16 oz jar of salsa over the guacamole layer.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Finally, sprinkle tomatoes, olives and green onions on top.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or carrot and celery sticks.
- You can substitute fat free sour cream, low fat cheese and non fat refried beans to a few calories.