September 3, 2018
It seems like there is always a BBQ or potluck during the summer that you need to take food to. Let me tell ya, this Apple Snickers "Salad" will be a show stopper that will have everyone asking for the recipe!
Next, mix Cool Whip and dry Vanilla Pudding in a large bowl until smooth and thick. (You don't add any milk to the pudding.)
Then drain the apples and pat them dry with a paper towel. Add apples, 5 chopped Snickers, nd the secret ingredient...toffee bits.
Mix it all together and sprinkle the last chopped Snickers bar on the top of the salad. Funny story, the first time I made this was for a PTA function where not everyone came in at the same time. After the first group came through, the Snickers were gone off the top and many people thought they were getting Potato Salad. Not a one of them was disappointed though, just surprised. So be sure to put those Snickers on top!
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 3.4 oz Vanilla Pudding
- 6 Snickers Bars, full size
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 8 oz Heath Toffee Bits
- Chop all 6 apples into bite size pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Cover apples with cold water and 1/2 cup lemon juice. Set them to the side.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Cool Whip and vanilla pudding.
- Chop Snickers into bite size pieces.
- Drain apples and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add apples, 5 of the Snickers and the toffee bits to the Cool Whip mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle the last chopped Snickers bar on the top of the salad.