If you have a child that is in the 4th grade this year, you can get a FREE National Parks Pass for the entire family.
Update: Due to COVID shutdowns in 2020
Update: Due to COVID shutdowns in 2020, 5th graders can also get a FREE pass for the 2020/2021 school year (print this PDF for 5th graders)
Here's how to get the pass:
- Go to the this page for Every Kid Outdoors
- Check the box “Yes, I'm in the 4th Grade or Homeschool Equivilant” then click the “Play” button
- Click the “Start” button and answer a few questions
- Once you've answered the questions click “Get your pass now”
- Enter your Zip Code and click “Get My Pass”
- Print your pass and take it with you to any National Park Entrance. They will then exchange your print out for an annual card pass. Note: they will require your 4th grader to be present every time you use the pass.
This program is to help engage and create our next generation of park visitors, supporters, and advocates, by kicking off the Every Kid in a Park initiative.
The immediate goal is to provide an opportunity for each and every 4th grade student across the country to experience their public lands and waters in person throughout the 2020-2021 school year. This pass will give you free access to national parks, national forests, national wildlife refuges, and more through 8/31/21!
It's a great way to get out and enjoy public lands for free.