If these Strawberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Popsicles don't scream summer, then I don't know what does! Last night I sat on the porch, feeling the warm summer air while eating one of these and it pretty much doesn't get any better than that after a 103-degree day!
The ingredients are simple: plain nonfat greek yogurt, strawberry yogurt, frozen pink lemonade concentrate, and chopped strawberries. (I also added 1-2 drops of red food coloring, not pictured.)
We have been having fun reviewing popsicle molds for the past few weeks and this is one of my favorite. It was easy to use, made a nice size popsicle without being too big and was easy to fill. We also liked that the yellow “handle” provides a small reservoir to catch melting popsicle. Perhaps my only complaint, because I have 7 people in my family, is it only makes 6 popsicles at a time. But that is not a big deal, you can always buy two sets! You can find the Trovolo Reusable Ice Pop Molds in Yellow on Amazon for around $11.00 and I highly recommend them.
After freezing these overnight, the popsicles unmolded easily with a little warm water for a few seconds. These may be my favorite popsicles so far. I like a creamy frozen treat and this was refreshing and fruity and creamy all at the same time.
Also, check out these fun and frugal popsicles:
- 2- 5.3 oz plain greek nonfat yogurts or 10 oz of plain greek yogurt
- 1- 6 oz strawberry yogurt
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped small
- 4-6 tbsp frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 1-2 drops red or pink food coloring, optional
- Mix plain and strawberry yogurt and 4-6 tbsp of pink lemonade concentrate together in a medium bowl.
- Add 1-2 drops of pink or red food coloring, if desired.
- Add 3/4 cup strawberries and stir.
- Fill ice pop mold almost all of the way to the top.
- Insert sticks and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight, until completely frozen.
- Unmold by running warm water over the plastic mold for 5-10 seconds.
- I would start by adding 4 tbsp of pink lemonade concentrate and taste the mixture. Keep adding until you like the taste. I like a good tart lemonade, so I used 7-8 tbsp of lemonade.
- You could use all greek yogurt or all non greek yogurt, whatever you have on hand will be fine. However, the greek yogurt does add some protein.
- The only sweetening in this comes from the lemonade concentrate and the strawberry yogurt. It was sweet enough for me but if you like a sweeter lemonade flavor, you can add a little honey or agave.