August 10, 2017
If you love Rice Krispie Treats and S'mores, then you will certainly love this ooey, gooey treat. It's as easy as mixing together popcorn and Golden Graham cereal, melting butter and marshmallows, mixing it together and sprinkling on chocolate chips! No oven and it's ready in about 15 minutes. (See and print recipe at the bottom of the page.)
We recently made S'mores popcorn for my daughter's movie themed, birthday party. We whipped up several batches of various popcorns and served them in these large popcorn buckets from Dollar Tree. (The plastic scoops are also from Dollar Tree.)
We also set out a variety of mini candy bars on our DIY Snack Station, put some soda in the mini fridge, added some balloons and set up the projector and screen and instant teen party!
Other posts you may like:
- 8 cups air popped popcorn
- 2 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1-10-oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with butter cooking spray.
- Pop 8 cups air popped popcorn and put it into a large bowl.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they are mostly melted.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir until it's completely coated.
- Working quickly, pour the popcorn mixture onto the foil lined baking sheet.
- Use the back of a metal spoon that has been sprayed with cooking spray to spread out the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the popcorn. (Press them into the popcorn if necessary so that they stick.)
- When popcorn is cool, pull it apart into bite size pieces and enjoy!
- Popcorn is best the same day it is made...not that we've ever had any leftovers though!